Thursday, November 30, 2006

Working Up A Sweat





I wanted to call this post "Dealing with our preferences at home, at work, and in society in general", but then thought better of it. I was compelled to post after a situation that happened where I work yesterday.

My work team consists of a core of ten people, and because of the kind of work we do, we tend to have very close working relationships. We also meet once a week for a staff meeting. At this week's meeting, one of our team members announced that she was pregnant. This wasn't that unexpected -- we had all attended her wedding last year, and we knew she and her husband wanted children. But...then she said she was pregnant, about 8 weeks, and was due in July. That was reality. None of the other females on my team have been pregnant since I've worked here. As I took in the words she was saying, I knew my pupils were dilating. I shifted in my seat, as I suddenly became very aware that I was becoming excited at the image of her soon-to-be expanding curves. She's not even my type, I thought, but the subtle teasing of my id was not to be ignored.

I chastised myself. I mean, it's great self-knowledge to know what your triggers are, but for god's sake, you have to show a little self-restraint now and then, too. I went home and thought about how I should handle this (I know, this is all very egocentric. She's the one who's pregnant. Just focus here for a moment).

Well, there was a confluence of events that happened last night. I posted the video below this post of "Skinny", and those women were rattling around in my head. Very erotic. Then I saw another image on a blog relating to someone in a bikini. That got mixed in with the video. Then this news from my co-worker. I went to sleep with all this stimuli. Something had to give. I worked it out in a nice, warm shower the next morning.

I am at a point in my life where I refuse to not allow lust a way in to my brain. Lust makes anything possible. Lust is good.

This morning, I knew I needed to diffuse the tension between what I was feeling and my co-worker. I IM'ed her and told her congratulations again for the great news. I also told her that she was going to look so cute and sexy with a big, pregnant belly. She is about 6'1" or so, and has an athletic, slim build. She laughed it off, saying she was interested in what she would look like herself. I told her, in an off-hand way, that I'd have to watch myself, because I found pregnant bellies very attractive. She tool it in the spirit intended, laughed, and said "I love it when you stop by my office to chat...you always have a way of making me laugh." Ahh, off the hook.

It will be a fun seven months. And it made me wonder...we all have our little preferences or fetishes, if you prefer (if not, why are you reading this blog?). How do you deal with stimulating events that happen out of your comfort zone at home? For example, ever get so turned on at work that you had to get yourself off right then and there? I have. Thank goodness for the big, roomy, accessible stalls at work. How about you? Share a sexy story with me in the comments, or via email at: explore.eros@gmail.com

EE

No comments: